Education is an AFCEA core value. The Association, in partnership with the AFCEA Educational Foundation, chapters and members worldwide, presents $1.4 million annually in scholarships, grants and awards to students in the "hard" sciences. This includes students in traditional university degree programs, the five service academies, ROTC programs, graduate schools and other educational settings.
The AFCEA Professional Development Center (PDC)
The PDC complements the Association's educational efforts by providing a wide-ranging program of continuing education and technical training courses. Discounted rates are offered for members.
Technical Education Assistance Activities and Awards
For more information please contact our Operations VP, Aaron Miller, email@example.com.
The chapter awards money to the Dayton area ROTC Program to distribute scholarships to qualifying cadets enrolled in the ROTC program in Miami Valley Universities.
The chapter designates several thousand dollars annually for 7 Miami Valley colleges and Universities to be given to students in career fields which benefit the Department of Defense. The criteria for these scholarships are as follows:
1) Must be a U.S. Citizen
2) AFCEA members will be given preferential consideration for these scholarships.
3) Must have completed at least 30 semester credit hours (or equivalent) and not more than 100 semester credit hours (or equivalent).
4) Must have demonstrated potential for completing the course of study
5) Must be pursuing studies in electrical/electronic engineering, data communications, information technology, computer engineering, hard physical sciences (such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, etc. and C4I (command, communications, computers and intelligence).
6) If a transfer student, must have completed at least one term as a full-time student at the participating college or university.
Wright Patterson Educational Outreach Office
The chapter annually budgets a designated amount to assist the Education Outreach Office located within WPAFB to assist them with funding projects and programs not covered in the funds they receive from the Department of Defense. For more information about this website, check out the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Educational Outreach Office
The chapter annually budgets a designated amount for Techfest. This program is a once-a-year event for all grade schools and middle schools within the Miami Valley which showcases science projects and hands-on experiences for the students.
The chapter annually budgets a designated amount to be donated back to AFCEA International - an amount which is matched by the Northrop Grumman Corporation - to be used for grants back to local chapters for start-up programs in the educational arena.
The Dayton Regional STEM School
One of 10 public STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) schools being created across Ohio, the Dayton Regional STEM School offers students a relevant, real world educational experience which will prepare them for college and opportunities in the work world.
AFIT Graduate Excellence Awards
The chapter awards a designated amount to be given as savings bonds to students who excel in the C3I and IRM fields.
Enlisted Tuition Assistance
The chapter supports enlisted airmen with tuition assistance, and/or the purchase of books and in the pursuit of certification programs.